If you are participating in the Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon on June 7th, 2020, here’s your chance to swim the course before race day and learn how to achieve your personal best!
We have four different Swim Clinics available for the Escape from Alcatraz Tri on June 7, 2020…
We’ve scheduled the ‘FULL SWIM’ clinic start times to begin at the same current speed as Sunday’s race so you can learn as much as possible about race conditions before the actual race. Current speed changes constantly throughout the six-hour tidal cycle. Since we know what the current speed is on race day, we will jump at the same current velocity on the ‘FULL SWIM’ clinic days. Matching the current speed is critical to understanding how to swim the course best.
- All of our courses have an on the water course overview, going over sighting landmarks and currents of the San Francisco Bay.
We cover the following on all clinics:
- Jump strategies
- Sighting and course details
- Current, wind and chop information
- How to land the finish quickly and easily
- Tips & tricks for swimming Alcatraz
- We answer all questions along the way
- FULL SWIM: Where you can swim the entire course from Alcatraz to the race finish. You are welcome any time during this clinic to reboard the escort vessel.
- PARTIAL SWIM: You get a jump and up to 15-minutes in the water and current. You’ll get a feel for the start and what to expect without exerting yourself in any serious way.
- NO SWIM: This is a boat-based education so you can see the course, sighting locations, current movement, and other factors you can only see/feel while on the water. For 2020, we’ve even added Friday night Sunset cruise/clinic where race all participants, friends, and family are welcome for one low price. This clinic is limited to a total of six and will sell out. As is the case with all of our clinics, we strongly suggest you register early!
SAFETY ALWAYS COMES FIRST!
As licensed US Coast Guard captains and open water swimmers with nearly 20-years of SF open water swimming, we have piloted and swam Alcatraz hundreds of times and helped thousands complete an Alcatraz swim quickly and without issue. Most importantly, safety is our absolute first priority!
PRICING & REGISTRATION
FULL SWIM CLINIC:
The price for the
PARTIAL SWIM CLINIC:
The price for the 2-1/4-hour partial-course swim clinic is $195/person and includes a special event cap/t-shirt/sticker package. This clinic is available Friday, June 5th, 2020 at 8:15 AM and Saturday, June 6th, 2020 at 9:30 AM.
NO SWIM CLINIC:
The price for the 2-1/4-hour partial-course swim clinic is $125/person and includes a special event cap/t-shirt/sticker package. This clinic is available Friday, June 5th, 2020 at 12:30 PM and Saturday, June 6th, 2020 at 12:30 PM.
NO SWIM SUNSET CRUISE CLINIC:
The price for the 2-hour no swim clinic is $95/person. Event swim caps/t-shirt/sticker package will be available for purchase onboard. This clinic is available Friday, June 5th, 2020 at 7:00 PM.REGISTER
NOTE: Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon Race Packet Pickup opens at 11 AM Saturday (and ends at 5 PM), so Saturday clinic members will have plenty of time to check-in at Marina Green after our swims…
HOW ABOUT ANOTHER SWIM?
We are offering two additional open water swims following the race you might be interested in:
- An Alcatraz to San Francisco at 8:00 AM, Monday, June 8th, 2020 for $175/pp. This is a repeat of the race course for those who are in town to support a triathlete in the race, but also want the check off that ‘Swim Alcatraz’ bucket list item or those who were pulled and want to finish the course without the one-hour time restriction.
- A Golden Gate Bridge to Alcatraz swim at 11:00 AM, Monday, June 8th, 2020 for $175/pp. This is one of our favorite swims and not particularly difficult. Total swimming time is about 45-minutes and the total distance traveled is about 3.3-miles (5.3-km). This swim is current assisted, meaning that you swim with the current after jumping center span of the Golden Gate Bridge. This course is by far one of the most memorable and iconic swims in San Francisco Bay… and really fun!!
Registration for both of these swims is available via the ‘REGISTER’ button above.
ALCATRAZ SWIM MERCHANDISE
We have a variety of swimming merchandise, including some rather funny ones available at OpenWaterX.com.