In short: No mask means no passage on our vessels… no exceptions.
Policy and guidelines
- In response to CDC guidelines, all participants/guests will be required to wear a mask or face covering over their nose and mouth—with no other exceptions. The heightened policy will remain in effect until further notice.
- If a participant/guest is unwilling or unable to wear a mask or face covering for any reason, Pacific Open Water Swim Co. will be unable to provide them with passage, or access to our vessel(s).
- While on board, guests who repeatedly remove or refuse to wear a mask or face covering will be given 1) a reminder 2) a second, final warning 3) After a third request, the guest’s passage with Pacific Open Water Swim Co. will be suspended immediately and the passage/event shall be over for all participants.
- The only time when guests are allowed to temporarily remove their masks is when briefly drinking or eating or in the immediate period prior to departing/boarding our vessels.
Acceptable face coverings
- Face coverings must be made from a cloth or other barrier material that prevents the discharge, release, and expulsion of respiratory droplets from a person’s nose or mouth.
- If you are wearing a face shield, you must also wear a mask.
Unacceptable face coverings
- Face coverings with direct exhaust valves, mesh material, or holes of any kind
- Face coverings that do not cover a guest’s nose and mouth
- Face shields without masks